Wednesday 18 December 2013

Siam House – The Thai Cuisine in Bangalore

 

Siam House Bangalore

Chinese restaurants are there in almost all parts of Bangalore City but we rarely come across a Thai restaurant. One such restaurant has come up near Kammanahalli circle in Bangalore. Those who are fond of Thai cuisine can have a great good here.

The Siam house is situated just opposite to the newly opened Sreeraj Lassi Bar and is very near to Empire hotel also.

Siam House Thai Food

The Siam House Address

#21, Praise the Lord Mansion,
Nehru Main Road, Kammanahalli Circle,
Bangalore – 5600084

We decided to check out the food here and dropped in one Monday evening, about 7 pm. The hotel was empty, not even a single customer inside. During our time in the hotel, we saw about 3 customers checking in.

Its a small hotel which can accommodate about 30 customers or about 5 to 6 small families. There were two guys standing inside anticipating some customers. Both were no aware of local language. One could speak little bit of English and the other one couldn't understand what I was asking for.

Chinese Menu Thai Menu

I was lucky enough (I thought so) to have a waiter here who could understand me. Two menu’s were presented to us, one for Chinese and Naga Cuisine and the other for Thai Cuisine. I ordered for a hot and sour chicken soup which was listed in the Chinese menu and for one chicken lollipop which was not actually listed in the menu. Without a word, the waiter agreed to serve both.

Hot and Sour Chicken Soup

Hot and Sour Chicken Soup

All the dishes took 10-15 minutes to arrive. The soup came first. Believe me, I never thought that the soup will be so good. But I felt the price was on the higher side. I had a similar soup in a bigger Chinese restaurant for lesser price.

Drums of Heaven

Drums of Heaven

What did he serve me? I ordered for Chicken Lollipop but the Drums of Heaven is in my table!! Should I ask him why did he served this instead of what I have ordered for? I would have surely asked in a bigger hotel with more experienced waiters. I just forgave them for two reasons.

1. They don't understand my language and I didn't want them to feel sorry.
2. The Drums of Heaven was really awesome!

If at all I visited this Thai restaurant again in Bangalore, I will order the Drums of Heaven without fail.

Crispy Chicken Chilli Garlic and Basil

Crispy Chicken Chilli Garlic and Basil

This one is from the Thai menu card. Since we have come to the Thai restaurant, we thought of ordering one dish from Thai menu. After going through all the items in menu we decided to order Crispy Chicken Chilli Garlic and Basil which was very good, not too spicy and not too sweetish. Perfectly cooked!

Chicken Fried Rice

Chiceken Fried Rice

Now it was time for the main course. We ordered for a Chicken fried rice. We found more of egg than chicken in it. It smelt half cooked egg which disappointed me a lot. I pushed aside the egg to find of some chicken pieces which of course tasted good.

Siam House

The Siam House is a Thai restaurant but also serves Chinese and Naga cuisine. Pork and Beef are also served here (was listed in the menu). Weekends may be little crowded here but in the weekdays you may own the hotel for a while!! (very few or no customers).

Parking

This hotel is situated in the main road and does not have a dedicated parking facility. While the two wheelers can be parked safely, four wheelers should be parked carefully. 

Land Mark

This hotel is situated in Nehru Main Road, Near Kammanahalli Circle. It is opposite to newly opened Sriraj Lassi Bar and Empire Hotel.

For more food and places – Yekamber!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment